Monday, May 07, 2007

Why Willie. Why Oh Why?

Having been recently exiled to Limerick my vote has been transfered from Cork South Central to the Limerick East constituency. I received my first call from canvasers yesterday evening and it turned out to be the Minister for Defence himself, Willie O'Dea.

As all canvasers do he asked for my vote. I told him that it would be difficult to vote for Fianna Fáil this year due to the way the Government are treating the doctors and nurses. I cited the bullying by Mary Hearney in the contract negotiations and the insulting comments by Tim O'Malley, where he stated that some people liked to have waiting lists as it made them feel powerful.

And what was Willie's response?

Well I don't know much about that. I'm the Minister for Defence and that's not my area. I'm the lcoal man here and we're looking for your vote.

What an erudite, insightful and strong defence of his party's policies. It certainly wn me over.

Good man Willie. Keep up the good work. Let's just hope that Ireland isn't invaded between now and Election Day.

No comments: